Wednesday, July 26, 2017

From Mulch to a Cat Harness

Sunday, April 23
We ordered 6 cubic yards of mulch and we spread it out after church.

We found this toad.

Beza helped by cleaning up the yard.

Skateboarding (with a helmet, knee pads and wrist guards).

Dirty hand prints on the wall at the end of the day.

Monday, April 24
(It was a sick day for me.)


Tuesday, April 25
He makes schoolwork look so comfortable.

Wednesday, April 26
M made two kinds of cookies.  (They looked delicious but I couldn't touch them while doing a Whole30.)

The chokecherry was in bloom.

This year we started working through the MAPS Activity Book that goes along with the MAPS book--it is one of our favorite things to do.

Thursday, April 27
The sun was finally almost shining so I snapped a picture of it.

A few weeks earlier I tried re-potting my Oxalis but the original soil was really waterlogged and gross and all but four of the stems broke off.  I planted the roots anyway and it was springing back to life before our very eyes.

M made two delicious-looking cakes.  (Again, I couldn't even taste them. As a matter of fact, I had to request that she stop making treats for the last two weeks of the re-set.  Poor girl.  But it was torture walking past those sweets all day long.)

Soccer practice skateboarding.

Friday, April 28
I discovered Barnana--a great snack option while doing a Whole30.  (Or anytime, really.)

T is such a good sport.  This is what shopping with the girls sometimes looks like.  Haha.

Saturday, April 29
(Soccer Saturday)
Our friends dropped off a delicious edible arrangement the night before.  (Funny story--literally as they were walking up to our house to deliver it, it was dark out and J closed the garage door almost on them because he didn't see them.  Then I think they either rang the doorbell--that's often disconnected--or knocked and we didn't hear them there at all.  Basically we were crazy rude.  She had to text me to get my attention.  ;) )

M thought that it would be fun to get a harness for Dave so that he could go outside on a leash.  (What a far cry from his early days with us.)  It went okay for a short while before he Houdini-ed out of the harness.

All of those buds mean that it's about to get really green.  (Sunset.)

No comments:

Post a Comment