Saturday, April 15, 2017

March: Sunny Hikes to Snowy Frolics

March--Week 2

Sunday, March 5
After my parents left and after church, we took a hike on the Appalachian Trail.
 (The moon.)

Monday, March 6
J flew out early to Mexico and the rest of us did school work before going to Trader Joe's (and Starbucks).

We've been snacking on these apples made by my Dad.


Tuesday, March 7
We spied this red-tailed hawk behind our house.

Flowers from Trader Joe's.  I learned a flower-life-changing trick--when the hydrangea stem inevitably starts to droop, I cut it, hold it under the hottest running water for 30 seconds and then add a slit to the stem.  It's AMAZING and I'm not afraid to buy hydrangeas anymore.

I finally had chocolate babka (like from that Seinfeld episode) and it was delectable.

Wednesday, March 8
T has been sleeping under Straws and Connectors structures all week.  

Thursday, March 9
"I don't usually sit on the couch, but when I do I make sure that I look cute so that I don't get kicked off."


This week, "yoga" with Dave.

Friday, March 10
Snow day!

These two are two peas in a pod.

Because J is away, they have also been "traveling" all week.  This was their airplane.

The snow stopped and the sun came out.

This has been one of the muddiest, messiest seasons I can remember.  When the floor is absolutely trashed with mud and snow gear, at least the mantle looks clean. ;)

Sunset--with blowing, fluffy snow.

Saturday, March 11
They woke up "bright" and excited that Daddy was coming home very soon.

He arrived with souvenirs.  

Later, I finally had a stuffed-animal stitch-up day.  Some were in need of serious repairs. :)

It's always so good when we're all back together again.  (Especially considering the impending major snowstorm predicted for early the next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment