Saturday, October 01, 2016

Back to School!

We came back from our week at the beach (to be blogged about even later after I go through way too many photos) ready to start school.  Here's a look back at the first week of our 2016-2017 school year.

Sunday, September 4
While we unpacked from the week away, the kids got fancy.
(They ate dinner with their pinkies in the air. :)
(Washi tape heels.)

Monday, September 5/Labor Day
I spent the day getting out all of the books and sharpening pencils to be all ready for the first day of school on Tuesday.

While the groundhog ate nearly everything I planted, the potted tomatoes on the deck produced a yummy, colorful harvest.

Tuesday, September 6
Happy First Day of 1st, 3rd and 5th grades!  

This is the first time in seven years that we don't have someone going to preschool/kindergarten and that means that we get to run on our own schedule.

Also, for the first time ever, we joined the gym (I can not say that with a straight face--I am almost the most nonathletic person I know) so that we can swim a few times a week.

Wednesday, September 7
After a full morning of school we headed to our favorite place--the library--for a "few" more books.

Friday, September 9
Dave could not make laying around look any more appealing while the rest of us are busy hitting the books.

Beza is learning about Astronomy this year.  Such a fun subject.

M and T have taken over some of the afternoon snacks.

After a summer with The Warden and the Wolf King we were sad to say goodbye to this epic, on-the-edge-of-our-seats series.

Saturday, September 10
My dad sent some of his blue potatoes with my sister a few weeks ago.  They were beautiful.

Hints of fall were in the sunset.

Ha--I so thought that I would have tons of time to blog once school started again.  Instead our days have been full--most of them with good stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment