From April 11-17
1. Saturday. We spent another Saturday in the city--this time we made it to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. (Through all of the lines. And then more lines.)
2. Sunday. Such a beautiful weekend called for some time in the woods.
3. Books. We learned about Jane Goodall (just for fun).
And J is reading The Lord of the Rings with them. (They insisted that his voice is the best for that kind of story.) He taped together this giant 3x4 map to follow the journey.
4. Ordinary Moments. The new washer and dryer are like a kid-magnet. M does as many loads a day as she can. I think it has something to do with the lovely song each piece plays when it's done. (Who knew?)
We got to meet up with J for lunch one day.
There were many outside "tea" party picnics with books.
They feel quite strongly that worms need to be rescued when the rain stops.
5. It is starting to look green out there. Whoo-hoo!