Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sometimes You Just Need David the Squirrel

Sometimes, at the end of a long day(s), when things are feeling heavy, David the Squirrel might just come to the rescue.

Besides that this makes my dear boy look like a complete mess, his solution to this problem was just what we all needed.  (I promise, he is a much better reader than this--I'm really not sure what happened here--but, alas, it did.)

So...he read "divide" as "David" and "square" as "squirrel."  And, oh my, the whole thing as "Draw David the Squirrel in a square and two rectangles."

I sat down to correct his work and said, "What exactly did you do here?  Where are the lines?  And what is this?"  (Always ask.)

T:  I know!  That one was so silly!  David the squirrel!  Who is that?  I thought that one was just really funny.

Yep.  It was. 

And then we all laughed.  A lot.  Because we seriously needed a good laugh. :)


1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Another moment to be thankful that we homeschool! Would a teacher find this as amusing and adorable as we do?

    ReplyDelete