Thursday, May 22, 2014

What We've Been Reading (Late Winter/Early Spring)


Audio Books
A Wind in the Door (Madeleine L'Engle)
A Swiftly Tilting Planet (Madeleine L'Engle)
The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites
Chocolate Fever
Frindle 
 (Frindle ranks pretty high on our most favorite audio books.)

Read-Alouds

Speak Love: Making Your Words Matter
This is written for tween-teen girls, but the content and style is fantastic.  And while T is still "little" I can get away with reading it to him, too.

Ronia, the Robber's Daughter
Written by the same person who wrote Pippi-Longstocking-- this is one of my new favorites.

When You Reach Me  
Such an awesome read if you love A Wrinkle in Time.  The author connects the classic with secret notes left for the main character.

Hard Gold: The Colorado Gold Rush of 1859: A Tale of the Old West (I Witness Novels)
We chose this because of our ski trip to Colorado.

Meet Josefina
Josefina Learns A Lesson
The same thing as the Speak Love book, I'm pretty sure there's an expiration date on how long T will listen to these American Girl books.

Wonder
Such a great book for teaching compassion and empathy.  I would put this on a must-read list.

David Livingstone: Africa's Trailblazer
Dr. Livingstone was a pretty interesting guy, but the whole time I was reading I kept remembering this old Sesame Street clip.

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
Our getting-ready-for-Easter read.

The Young Reader's Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream
M and T LOVED this "play."  It's written in such an easy way and the story is just funny.

Poetry
The Great Frog Race: And Other Poems

Music
Mozart's Magnificent Voyage


M's Reads




Double Trouble

Magic Tree House

Culdesac Kids

Adventures in Odyssey (AIO) Imagination Station Books
The Redcoats Are Coming

*Note: I put together these lists because I have a terrible memory about such things and this helps me to keep track of it all both for school reports and for when I need to remember some good books for T and Beza to read some day. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment