Just a few things...
1. I think the thing I dislike most about flying is that once you're strapped in and taking off you're stuck there. Kind-of like on a roller coaster--once you start up that hill, you know that there's no escape. And I guess I just don't love that lack of control. (Shocking.) But the views--I do like the views. (NYC.)
2. The robins came back for a few days, taunting us with the sounds of spring.
3. Meanwhile, we discovered snow piles taller than buildings. (Sigh.) (And how is that possible? What gets it that high?)
4. I learned the useful craft of making paper cranes. Spring-y bunting material.
5. Since blogging, I've started to call J "J" as in the letter, not the name "Jay."
6. It is a sad thing to break your kindle (by crushing a rogue kid-marker between my knee and its screen). Luckily, we have a few kindles to spare and I tend to use my phone screen the most for kindle-reading. (Strange, but true.)
7. Okay, and this one is admittedly a bit gross. It's my hairdryer. It's disgusting. But, I don't even notice. It has years and years and years of hair product build-up. The only way I know this is because J used it to do something with ski boots and was freaked out. Rightly so.
It's just--it's been such a good hairdryer. Actually, it's a stolen hairdryer. When M was a baby we stayed at a hotel for a wedding. When we left I took her down to the car while J grabbed our luggage. He grabbed the loose hairdryer in the bathroom assuming it was mine (since it wasn't the usual hotel attached-to-the-wall kind). When we got home many hours later I discovered the contraband loot. (I have no idea--perhaps they charged us for it.) Anyway, it has been simply fabulous all of these years. (Though quite sticky apparently.) (And I only recently looked it up on Amazon and saw that I could get another one--who knew they still made it?)
(I know...it's bad...)
And that's just a bit of what I learned in February.