Thursday, January 02, 2014

What I Learned in December

 A few things I learned in December...

1.  So, I've known this for a little while--but it still boggles my mind.  My dad reads this blog.  My works-outside-all-day-at-work-and-home-with-the-thickest-fingers-ever dad wields a laptop and a smartphone.  And he reads this stuff.  (Love you, Dad!:)  (And Mom! :)

2.  Santa beards from the Dollar Store are hilarious.

3.  Oh, if you order beards online in early December (before checking out the Dollar Store), read the fine shipping print.  If they are coming from Singapore they may not arrive until late January.

4.  For that fresh Christmasy pine smell, simply vacuum up mounds of fallen needles and then make sure to not empty the canister so that every time you clean the floor (even upstairs, very far from the actual tree), the rustic fragrance will fill the air.

5.  I am starting to suspect that I may be crooked.  Nearly every picture I take needs to be straightened. 

6.  I am not above using a magazine as an umbrella.  Typically, I don't have much use for umbrellas, but, let's say that I had an emergency dentist appointment on the day we intended to celebrate Christmas, and it's pouring buckets and there are no close parking spaces and I don't want to walk in looking like a drowned rodent, I will in fact search the backseat of the husband's car for anything to cover my head.  Christmas flyers are better than nothing.

7.  It turns out that clenching your teeth can lead to severe mouth pain that might convince you that you have an abscessed tooth.  Note: Simply don't clench your teeth.  (Sigh.)
(The offending chompers.)

8.  Also, let's say that during that dentist appointment I am out and about without any children and a very competent J is at home with two who have the stomach bug, it might in fact take me a little longer than usual to come back home. ;)

9.  Reading to the kids on my bed while snuggled under a down blanket is my kryptonite.  It puts me out like a light at 8:30pm.

10.  Except when there are spiders lurking about.  Or rather, hanging down from the ceiling inching closer and closer to my head until there is no where to go that won't get me tangled in the web with a spider on me so I scream for help and J shows up mere seconds before it lands in my hair.  In that case, I'm wide awake.  (Aren't spiders supposed to be hibernating in December?)

And that is just a bit of what I learned last month. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are way too pretty little lady! Even with offending chompers! I was told at my last dentist appointment that it seemed as if I had been clenching my teeth lately too! Your not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way too pretty little lady! Even with offending chompers! I was told at my last dentist appointment that it seemed as if I had been clenching my teeth lately too! Your not alone!

    ReplyDelete