This week's highlights are courtesy of Nana who came to stay for almost the whole week!
1. But, the week started with hanging out with (aka "babysitting") a few of our little friends. The kids laughed their heads off watching Cinderella and then J read the whole crew a pile of books before they went home.
2. Nana came on Tuesday and left on Sunday morning. She was the queen of games and books and snuggles. (And endless patience. :)
2. She also insisted that I take an afternoon off AND J and I got to go out three nights in a row!
(The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, a french restaurant and a meeting at church.)
3. We got a bit of snow on Saturday. What better time to realize that the freezer was frozen?
4. It was also the perfect weather for trying out my new snowboots--and to "piant" the snow with colored water in spray bottles. (To save on shoe storage space I had been using my rain boots with fleece liners--and they just weren't cutting the mustard.) Snowboots that I apparently should have been wearing on Sunday morning when I was on my way to the car with my arms full of a box of balls for Children's Church and a broom for cleaning off the car when I hit a patch of black ice and landed FLAT on my back just like that. After I got over the shock of my sudden new view of the sky I let out a simultaneous moan and laugh. Oh, to have seen myself. After realizing I wasn't badly hurt J declared the scene a yard sale. I escaped with bruised elbows and a mildly tender back--and a healthy fear of slippery ice that I can't see. :)
Thanks for coming to spend time with us, Nana! We love you!