Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 28: Animals as Art

I look like a geek at soccer practice shooting photos of vultures. (Because we kind-of have a thing for them.)  I totally find solace in plopping myself down along the woods watching the squirrels during afternoon rest time.  (It's very quiet. ;)  And I most definitely scream when I pick up toads that pee on my hand while I'm running to show the kids.

Yet, I am hopelessly enamored by the creatures in our "backyard." :)

A few of our Fall Friends:
(It sticks out those yellow "spikes" [osmeterium] as a smelly defense.)

(We didn't touch it.  Some people might experience an allergic reaction to the hairs on this caterpillar.)


(Eating acorns--who knew?  M apparently.  Wild Kratts stikes again.)


Wild Turkeys

(These are the guys that, much to J's dismay, are tearing up our yard to get to the grubs.)

(There were about 50 of them.)

Canadian Geese

(We love them, too.)

Part of the 31 Day Challenge.  (It's almost over!)
(For all of the posts in this series click HERE.)



No comments:

Post a Comment