Thursday, September 26, 2013

What I Learned in September


In no particular order...

1.  Beza LOVES preschool.  So do I.  Last week the checkout cashier asked me if I missed her now that she's in school.  Do you know what I did?  I laughed.  Embarrassingly loud and long.  Preschool for two hours twice a week is so very good for both of us.

2.  I live with a ninja.  (Who wants to be a weightlifter when he grows up.  The weightlifters in the circus who "you know, see how strong they are." Now that's definitely something new I just learned.)  We might be talking with him when all of a sudden he just quickly tosses whatever is in his hands behind his back--making it disappear--"because that's what ninjas do."  Also, there are A LOT of sneak attacks.  But then I suppose that's par for the course when you live with a ninja.

3. I'm so glad we replanted the garden in early August.  Outshining all of the plants--the compost tomatoes.

4. These school days are crazy full.  Dinner as of late has been a bit sketchy.  I'm learning to just plan on PB&J on Soccer-Night Thursdays.

5.  You can buy BIG rolls of paper that look just like wooden slats.  (And then you can use them to "wallpaper" big cardboard boxes in the play kitchen during nap time. ;)

6.  The habit of waking up for those ocean sunrises is actually working!  (I had pretty low expectations for that one.)

(Now.  5 years old.)

8.  The library has a system that sends you an email BEFORE your books are due!  Dream. Come. True.  (You just have to sign up for it.)

9.  My favorite thing to do so far in school with M this year is finishing up our book on Ancient Egypt.  I can't get enough of this treasure hunting, mummies, lost and forgotten cities stuff.  (Who knew?)

10.  The 31 Days Challenge.  I think I'm going to do it.  31 straight days of blogging starting in just a few days.  Get ready. ;)

(Linking up @ Chatting at the Sky.)

2 comments:

  1. Woah. Definitely need to check to see if our library does that! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming over from the link up. Yes, the library thing is life changing ;) The 31 challenge seems really cool, but don't think it will work for me in this season right now. Do you know what your topic will be yet?

    ReplyDelete