Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I'd Rather Be...


So, we've been cramming in a lot of reading around here and if I don't write it down somewhere I'll never remember.  I had planned on doing an awesome job of keeping track of this stuff with the Library Summer Reading Program.  Yeah...so not good at the optional paperwork business. :)

Way back during 4th of July week we read all 6 of the Felicity American Girl books--officially turning my kids into horse-lovers--who hopefully learned a little bit about colonial America. :)

Then we spent a weekend reading A Little Princess and even T watched both the Shirley Temple and newer version of the movie.  (Poor boy.)  We love Sarah.

To balance out all of those "girly" books, I thought we should read about something wild and adventurous--something like pirates.  During our stay-up-as-late-as-you-can-to-finish-the-book night we read Treasure Island (Junior Classics--a condensed version) from 7-10p.  T fell asleep during the last 2 chapters.  I think the pirates in that book sufficiently leveled the playing field.

We just finished reading Wilma Rudolph's Olympic story and Magic Tree House Hour of the Olympics.  (Obviously inspired by the Olympics.)

My personal reading list has included--

Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul
She prayed, "God we will do anything.  Anything."  Her story.

Levi's refreshingly honest and unfolding story of moving his family to Ethiopia when their hearts were moved by children without a family.

The title alone gives me butterflies. ;)

And I just started Sacrilege because of this post.

And that concludes this installment of what we've been reading. :)
Happy Tuesday! :)



1 comment:

  1. Ya'll have been doing some great reading this summer!!! Impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete