Thursday, July 05, 2012

12 Years (A Brief Retrospective)

Outside during a fire drill during our senior year of high school.

J and I reached a big milestone this summer.  We have now been together as long as we have not.  We started dating when we were 17--seniors in high school.  (Our story--HERE.)

To commemorate our 12 year anniversary I started looking through some old photo albums.   Oh man, the pictures are crazy.  Some of them are sweet and some are downright cringe-worthy. :) 

Senior prom. Wow.

College dance.

After 5 years of dating--married! :)

At a game a few months later.

And then I promptly turned 45.
WHAT?!? In. The. WORLD?!? 

A few years later--but still before kids. :)

Now. :)

I think this might be my most favorite year yet. :)  
Happy 12 years, J--love you! :)

(Oh, but PLEASE, NEVER-EVER let me cut my hair like that again!!! ;)

14 comments:

  1. Your caption for that picture is priceless. I almost spit out my drink!

    And you look exactly like you did in high school!!!! Happy 12 year anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that picture so absolutely cracks me up. Sadly it is not the only one from that time. :)

      Delete
  2. Awe!!! So adorable!!! Congrats on 12 years Jason and Gini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have one of "those" pics. And now I am "one of those". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing about the picture is not only your hair but your matching sweatshirts... With an eagle? Please tell me they are still deep in the closet...( yeah I know wishful thinking...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Emily...those, my friend, are lighthouses on royal blue, gigantic matching t-shirts. Christmas look-a-like shirts--from my mom. Sadly, they are no longer a part of my wardrobe. ;)

      Delete
  5. You guys are too cute, no matter what the hairstyle! I absolutely LOVE your smiles in the wedding pic! Your kiddos are blessed to have such a great example of love and commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! You guys are one of the coolest couples I know! You look radiant in all those pictures (and yes, the 45 year old pic was hysterical) Congrats on your celebration of marriage and family. Look at you've accomplished together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya'll are the just the cutest family!!!! Happy 12 years!!!!

    ReplyDelete