Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Day Our Wuv Was Lost

For a few days I thought something had been sounding a little different.

But I couldn't put my finger on it.

On Friday afternoon I figured out what it was.

I fake cried on the outside, real cried on the inside.

Little dude pronounces "L" with perfect diction.

No more "I wuv you's."  

Just a crisp clear, "I love you." 

No "wiking," or "waughing," or "wistening."

I asked him what had happened.  Had someone secretly been giving him speech therapy lessons?  "No," he said, "I'm just four now." 

So sad.  So sad, but true.  The end of a sweet era.

Oh, for one more, "I wuv you."  :)

Last week when he was still the Statue of "Wiberty."

2 comments:

  1. Our boys always reply the same too, "nope...I'm just XX years old now!" Maybe for your sake, B will say it the same way as T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious!!! Hope you have that sweet baby boy voice on lots of videos to remember it! :)

    ReplyDelete