Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Made-It: Thankful Leaves and Thanksgiving Mantle

Our Thanksgiving mantle. 
 (Can you believe that Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away--how is that possible?!)

To help cultivate those "thankful hearts," the little crew and I tea-stained a few index cards last week.  (Fun project!)

Then, in an ideal world, every night we each write something that we're thankful for on the cards.

We've been clothes-pinning them to these metal leaves that have been there forever.  (I might have a slight obsession with clothes pins--more are on the grocery list this week.  And the metal leaves remind me of the metal lampshades like this or THIS that I once saw with recipes pinned all over them and loved it!) 

Today I am thankful for a school day off to hang out with the small crowd. :)
Happy Election Tuesday!

Linked up at:
Home Stories A2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment