Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunday Funnies: Royal Attire

We decided to get in touch with our artistic side yesterday, and we took the crew to a giant art museum.  We wondered if we were crazy.  Turns out, our kids like art and even more remarkable, they managed to keep their hands to themselves.  Brilliant! :)

But I digress.  Because we were going to a "real" museum, it seemed like a good idea to get the little people a little more dressed up.  I picked out their clothes, and J helped me to get them all ready. 

Mid-ponytail, I looked down and J was getting Beza all ready to go.  And something about what she was wearing was vaguely familiar. 

Hmmm....

Oh-my-goodness---No. Way.

Beza was wearing M's 5T hot pink knit shorts and her little arms were just about to be pulled through a 5T t-shirt.  The very same clothes that M had worn to bed.

Laughing, "Um, what are you doing?"

J: "Getting Beza dressed."

Me: :)  "Those look a little big maybe?  Actually they're M's.  The dress is for Beza."

J: "Oh, I thought it was a little odd.  But these were right beside the dress.  I thought you wanted them under the dress."


Oh, man.  So dissappointed that I interrupted--that layered look would have been priceless! :)

We love this little dress (thank you JS!)--we think it looks a little bit like royal-wear.  We call it her "Queen of England" dress.  It is utterly adorable.  :)


2 comments:

  1. haha cute story!! I love that dress -- she is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! When CG was a baby, I came home one day and Jody had her little footed sleeper on her...completely backwards! :)

    ReplyDelete