We are deep in "nesting mode" around here. :) J is building a stage area in the basement, I'm painting (and re-painting) a few rooms, and we're making a big IKEA trip tomorrow. And today we had our "Next Steps" phone call with our Case Manager.
Here are the top 10 things I learned today... :)
1. I need to figure out how to be two places at once. The Created to Care Conference is in Atlanta the very same weekend that we fly to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (working on this one).
2. We will hold our little girl for the first time on Tuesday, February 8. (wow...)
3. We will appear before the Ethiopian Court that Thursday, right after the birth family (if they are able to make it). Then, if the birth family was able to come, we will also have the humbling privilege of meeting them.
4. If the all of the documents are ready at the courts, if the birth family passes and if we pass, there will be an official decree in Ethiopia that she is our daughter to raise as a forever part of our family. If any of the above are missing the judge will continue to check off his list (after we have left) until all of the pieces are there--then the official decree will come. :)
5. After the official decree has been made, paperwork will be sent to the US Embassy so that they can prepare her Visa. This may take 4-8 weeks. We'll be holding our breath for this date--we will finally get to bring her HOME.
6. Nothing is for certain. Dates can change at any time--so we need to make plans while at the same time guarding our expectations.
7. We have homework. We'll be creating a little photo album to leave with our little girl, putting together another photo album for her birth family and writing a letter to her birth family--(that one will be hard...).
8. We need to start packing!
9. T appears to be totally cool with us leaving for a week, "I'll be with Nana and Pop!"
10. I can't believe this is really happening! :)